Province gives FLA Ontario Health Team $3.62 million to expand access to primary care across rural and urban communities
The Frontenac, Lennox and Addington Ontario Health Team announced Wednesday it has received $3.62 million from the Ontario government to help connect up to 8,500 residents with a family doctor or nurse practitioner by the summer of 2027.
The funding, awarded through Ontario’s Primary Care Action Plan, will support the recruitment of new physicians and nurse practitioners and help expand team-based care across the region.
The investment will also support the creation of a second interprofessional community hub and strengthen services in rural communities including Sharbot Lake, South Frontenac, Northbrook and Napanee.
The FLA OHT said residents without a primary care provider will be matched to clinics close to where they live through the provincial Health Care Connect waitlist.
The announcement builds on previous provincial funding that helped launch the Spruce Health Hub in Kingston earlier this year. Officials said more than 4,250 residents were connected to primary care between April 2025 and March 2026, surpassing the original target of 3,500.
Officials estimate more than 8,500 people in the region are still waiting for access to primary care.
Story by Alyssa Brush
OPP warns parents about hidden online dangers
Police say window peeper fought with resident before fleeing Kingston home
Kingston Police issue warning about sharing private photos online
MP Barrett backs silver alerts bill to help find missing seniors fast
Kingston moves to protect a historically significant former penitentiary residence


